It’s been a minute since I gave NaNoWriMo a whirl.
- Read Invisible, Akata Witch, and Hey Ladies.
- Finish the TAZ Mystery Puzzle Box.
- Send some Thanksgiving* gratitude cards.
- Write thru NaNoWriMo.
- Continue half marathon training (I am doing Santa to Sea on December 5).
Looking ahead to:
- Kaytlyn visiting over Thanksgiving! I’ve long put-off having my palm read, but I made a promise with her for this visit to be when that happens and I am going to keep it.
- A local production of Amelie.
- California Library Association Annual Conference November 9 – 11.
*This begins the season that I have dreaded since July 10th. Every day has had a thin coat of terrible since my cousin’s passing, but the time of Thanksgiving – New Year’s highlights and expands. It’s going to be a difficult one, folks.
Have a good month!
Chekhov’s Hangnail – Martha. Not a new love, but a long-time love. Naturally, the summer after I move to the west coast, Martha does a spring east coast tour. “When it rains, it really fucking pours…”
Two weekends ago I went back to New Jersey for a wedding (pictures to come). I needed to see some friendly faces and to celebrate something beautiful. This weekend I saw an adaptation of Pride & Prejudice which was fascinating.
- Wolverine: The Long Night podcast – A friend’s recommendation. I thought it was going to be cheesy, but it is very well produced. 2 FBI agents are called to Burns, Alaska to investigate the murder of an entire fishing crew — and they get more than they anticipated with a local cult, missing persons’ cases stacking up, and a community-wide bear hunt.
- A simple beef stew recipe – When I visited my family my aunt made this recipe: 3lbs of beef (stew-cut), 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (~20 oz.), and 1 packet of onion soup mix. Add any vegetables you like (I went with carrots and pearl onions – and some extra garlic) and cook in a crockpot on low for 8 hours. Delicious. Best served with a large, buttery pile of mashed potatoes.
- Santa Barbara Cider Company – A coworker’s husband’s band was playing. The She’s My Cherry Lime and the Tropical Hopical were excellent.
Have a good week!