We have a bit of catching up today. I have so many words to share with you. My employer was closed from December 23 – January 1 for a combination building maintance/holiday break, so I traveled home to New Jersey for the first extended time since I moved to California (nearly!) a year ago.
That all said, these are a bit late —
18 for 18
- Take a Spanish language class
- See the Santa Barbara Fiesta parade
- Take a NJ/PA trip
- See a professional play
- Celebrate K+F’s wedding
- Call LB, LC, and Mike O. 3x a month.
- Call NS 1x a month
- Read American Wife (Curtis Sittenfeld)
- Catch-up on The Austen Project books
- Plan a vacation
- Join a museum/social group
- Earn the Stadia Board ranking with USGS National Map Corps.
- Sign-up for a LAPL card
- Camp the Channel Islands
- Read 50 books
- Get a fire extinguisher for my apartment
- Pay off my rogue student loan and pay off half of my alternative student loan balance
- Replace/Invest in my footwear – (those $12.99 Target flats are no longer cutting it, no matter how cute/cheap they are)
My word of 2018 is Celebration. I know, “How hard is celebrating things” but for me it is kind of difficult.
- Run a 4th of July race – July
- Complete the LA 5K Tour Challenge (Pasadena, Santa Monica, and LA BIG 5K)
- PR a half marathon – SLO Half Marathon
- McConnells Endurance race – August
- Goleta Lemon Festival race – September
- Turkey Trot – November
- Halloween Hustle
- Pier to Peak Half Marathon – September
- State Street Mile – June
- Nite Moves – Summer Series
And as for January 2018…
- Read 3 books
- Complete my Library Journal/BL reviews queue
- Assemble the bookcase
- Confirm new insurance with my practioners
- Sign-up for a YMCA membership and start going
- Submit paperwork to attend ALA Midwinter
- Host my friend KW on his work trip
- Go through the last three moving boxes
Go forth and be awesome.
One thought on “2018 Goals and January Goals”
I’m glad you got a fire extinguisher for your apartment! Safety first!